Each 10ml vial contains
500mg Hyaluronic Acid
MultiEquaan may be used for a therapeutic course as part of a recommended maintenance programme, as discussed with your veterinarian. Administered as 1 injection every 4th day for 5 injections. This maintains peak therapeutic levels in the horse’s body for a period of 24 days, allowing maximum benefit to be gained.
To read an article which mentions therapeutic courses, click here.
MultiEquaan may also be used as a single dose, prior to competitions or periods of intense work such as training bootcamps, when joints will be under maximum loading; to ensure maximum joint comfort, maintenance and recovery.
MultiEquaan is packaged 6 per box and may be purchased as a therapeutic course (5 injections) or a single vial.
- Each dose contains 500mg PSGAG and 500mg Hyaluronic Acid
- Rapidly absorbed with peak blood levels of PSGAG achieved 15 to 20 minutes after injecting.
- MultiEquaan’s PSGAG enters tissue quickly and reaches cartilage within 2 hours. Hyaluronic Acid is received in the joints 4 days to 1 week post injection, coming into effect as PSGAG’s effect declines
- Osteoarthritic cartilage shows a preference for the product.
- Peak levels are reached in the joints at 48 hours, showing almost double the concentration of levels of HA.
- Therapeutic concentrations levels last up to 96 hours before being excreted from the body.
- NON DOPING product as verified by the FEI Prohibited and Banned Substances list, including method of administration. (FEI Rules regarding administration of any products at recognized events must be adhered to)
Works as an anti-inflammatory
Inhibits the enzymatic breakdown of cartilage Protects the articular cartilage Complements the repair process by inhibiting collagen degrading enzymes Stimulates the anabolic processes in repair of cartilage and synovial tissues Improves the viscosity of synovial fluid (the quality) Concentrates itself in degenerated/diseased cartilage Chondroprotective, anti-inflammatory and anabolic for joint capsule matrix
Works in tendon repair process:
By enzymatic inhibition of degradation of tendon matrix components
500mg pure PSGAG
500mg Hyaluronic Acid
Rectifies (fixes) the production of the Hyaluronate Metabolism
For treatment of DJD and osteoarthritis (particularly knees and hocks), sidebone and tendon and ligament injuries caused by mechanical wear and tear.The latest research shows benefit for myofascial health and integrity.
Product packaging description:
1 x 6 ml glass vial in individual blister pack, 6 per box
The back of the blister pack:
- Product Name
- Batch No, Manufacturing and Expiry Date
Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate Injection (5%w/v) with Sodium Hyaluronate (0.5%w/v) Injection
Batch, Manufacturing Date and Expiry Date
More valuable in the prevention of osteoarthritis than medical therapy.
Per Vet Prescription