MULTIGLYCAN – INJECTABLE
Each 10ml vial contains:
500mg Hyaluronic Acid
Multiglycan may be used as part of a regular joint maintenance program.
Multiglycan is most successful as a pre-competition boost to ensure that your horse’s joints are comfortable, enabling them to give their best.
Multiglycan is packaged 5 per box and may be purchased as an individual dose.
- Each dose contains 500mg PSGAG and 1000mg Hyaluronic Acid
- Rapidly absorbed with peak blood levels of PSGAG achieved 15 to 20 minutes after injecting.
- Multiglycan’s PSGAG enters tissue quickly and reaches cartilage within 2 hours. Hyaluronic Acid is of a lower molecular weight, allowing it to be received in the joints quicker to follow the specific timeline required for an event.
- Osteoarthritic cartilage shows a preference for the product.
- Peak levels are reached in the joints at 48 hours, showing almost double the concentration of levels of HA.
- NON DOPING product as verified by the FEI Prohibited and Banned Substances list, including method of administration. (FEI Rules regarding administration of any products at recognized events must be adhered to)
To read the FEI Prohibited Substance list, which encompasses prohibited methods of administration. Click here
To read the FEI Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Regulations. Click here
Works as an anti-inflammatory
Inhibits the enzymatic breakdown of cartilage Protects the articular cartilage Complements the repair process by inhibiting collagen degrading enzymes Stimulates the anabolic processes in repair of cartilage and synovial tissues Improves the viscosity of synovial fluid (the quality) Concentrates itself in degenerated/diseased cartilage Chondroprotective, anti-inflammatory and anabolic for joint capsule matrix
Works in tendon repair process:
By enzymatic inhibition of degradation of tendon matrix components
500mg pure PSGAG
1000mg Hyaluronic Acid
Rectifies (fixes) the production of the Hyaluronate Metabolism
For treatment of DJD and osteoarthritis (particularly knees and hocks), sidebone and tendon and ligament injuries caused by mechanical wear and tear.The latest research shows benefit for myofascial health and integrity.
Product packaging description:
Individually labelled 10ml glass vials
Equine Sterile Post-Surgical Lavage
Batch No and Best before date
More valuable in the prevention of osteoarthritis than medical therapy.
Per Vet Prescription